Growth Hackers vs Growth Samurais
A growth hacker is a person that is great at identifying and executing tactics that will optimize a sales funnel. They can:
- Find opportunities that drive traffic to their product
- Generate leads by incentivising their customer to share personal information or show buying intent.
- Convert leads to sales
A growth hacker is very tactical and will do wonders in a startup.
A Growth Samurai is a person that can grow an operation beyond the startup phase. A Growth Samurai can perform the tactical functions of a growth hacker but has the adeptness to go beyond the startup phase and manage a growing enterprise.
Many startup founders are very good at startups but lack the skills to transition into a strategic management role once the company outgrows them. A Growth Samurai has the strategic proficiency to manage a growing enterprise.
A Growth Samurai can:
- Position an organization within a competitive landscape
- Create processes for growth (as opposed to executing on growth hacking tactics)
- Create a culture within an organization that incentivizes sustainable growth
- Make difficult organizational decisions
All Growth Samurais are growth hackers but not all growth hackers are Growth Samurais.